Tips on How to Save Money in the New Year
Since inflation has taken away from our savings and many people are trying to save where possible, we have prepared a savings guide for you as well. Being able to save some money is also very important so that you can start investing in your future. Even if you only invest a small amount, by slowly investing each month, you can better prepare for your future and reduce the effects of inflation which is reducing the value of your money.
Here are some tips on how to save and invest in your future every month.
How to Save on Groceries
Our cryptocurrency expert Daniel Mitrovský advises you from his own experience not to go shopping hungry. When a person is hungry, they buy everything they see, even though they probably wouldn’t get these things under normal circumstances.
Other tips that can save you money:
- Stick to a shopping list at the store. Take stock of what you have at home before going shopping.
- Carry your own shopping bags; you can save a little on that too.
- On the price tags, do not compare the final price of the goods, but the price per quantity, for example, per kg or per piece.
- Take note of current discounts.
- Cook your food for work at home, and look for recipes to use leftovers in a delicious way.
- Do you need cola? Do not buy small bottles, but rather large packages and pour into smaller ones as needed.
How to Save on Transport
Do you go to work by car? If you can’t trade your car for public transport, bike or walking, try to get together with your colleagues and share the costs.
Try to take those 10,000 steps. Walking with a podcast, audiobook or music can save you a lot of money.
How to Save on Clothes
First, try to use what you already have in your closet – think about the items you don’t wear, why you don’t wear them and whether you can wear them in another way.
Do you need a Christmas sweater for a company party? Save money and the planet – find out if someone in your area has a suitable sweater and borrow it.
Think carefully about what you need, put together several outfits and buy only the thing you really need.
Shopping at thrift stores not only cuts your budget, but you can also find great bargains there. At Nosene, for example, you get a discount on your purchase when you dispose of your nice but unused clothes and give them to Nosene.
Regarding not only clothes but any other purchases through e-shops, our Head of Marketing, Milena Košová, advises doing a search between several e-shops and comparing the prices of individual products.
How to Save Energy at Home
Saving energy is a huge topic. We have picked some important tips for you:
- Only heat as much water as you need.
- First, heat the water for cooking in the kettle, then pour it into the pot you will use for cooking.
- The water will reach the boiling point faster in a pot covered with a lid.
- Unplug appliances when not in use. You can try smart sockets that you program for the times of use of individual appliances.
- Try baking in a “remoska”, a portable electric oven, instead of the classic oven.
As for the washing machine, if you want to save energy instead of time, do not choose short washing programs.
“The biggest energy consumption is the heating element in the washing machine and not the motor that drives its revolutions. Through the drum’s rotations, it can wash well during a long cycle, even at 20 degrees. Especially with a good detergent,” says Miroslav Tomka from Nay. (Source: Denník N)
How to Save on a Loan
If you need to take out a loan, remember that your bank may not give you the best terms. Do your research on interest rates and terms. You can find out the differences in the APR (annual percentage rate of costs) and whether you can pay off the entire obligation early without a fee.
Even small steps can help you improve your future. When you save only €50 every month, you can invest with us in cryptocurrencies with excellent growth potential.